After becoming a parent the idea of resolutions naturally shifted. I started to make resolutions that were entirely child directed. It’s so easy to put your whole self into being a parent and forget about the things that bring YOU happiness, light, space, enjoyment, and new growth. I do believe that giving yourself a little attention makes you feel better about yourself …….which will in turn make you a better parent. Everyone needs to be nourishment, including YOU!
This year when writing my resolutions I made 2 sets. 1 list for ME and one for MAMA. Here is what I am doing for me…..It’s not to late to make a list for you!
3. Put LOCAL and SMALL first >> I really do a good job eating, shopping, and supporting local and small online businesses. This year I want to do even better. I know it may cost a little more, but it is an investment in my community.
4. PRINT more photos >> I am a photographer and I do not print photos. When Maypop was born a friend jokingly said “don’t let your child turn into a jpeg.” Well I did, I have not printed a single photo of her.
5. READ more >> I read plenty books…..usually four each night. Time to pick up a chapter book and read one for me.
6. COOK more >> Make a meal plan and grocery lists to help me with this!
7. CLEAN and organize more >> Pick one room a day to tend to.
8. DATE NIGHT >> Go on 1 date night a month. It’s so easy to say… babysitters, dinner, and movies cost too much, lets just stay home. Don’t forget the importance of relationships, they are work!
9. BLOG more >> I have been slacking on my family blog…. This is a good way to share photos with friends and family afar. Need to get back on it.
10. Use a Calendar >> Put it all on the calendar so I can stick to it!
Whew, I am excited about 2014. Gonna let the LIGHT and COLOR in! Who is gonna join me?